The inaugural PMAS Excellence Awards are now open for nominations!
This Annual Awards ceremony is designed to recognise, reward and celebrate those individuals in our sector who go over and above to deliver exemplary service to clients, customers and colleagues.
Taking place at the Grand Central Hotel in Glasgow on Friday 11th March 2022, the inaugural Awards will be an integral part of the PMAS Annual Dinner, so expect a glamorous evening filled with fun and celebration.
Click below to book your tickets for the PMAS Annual Dinner and Excellence Awards:
We are currently monitoring Government COVID guidance and will keep all nominees or event attendees up to date in advance of the event.
- Property Manager of the Year – Sponsored by GS Group
- Rising Star/Apprentice of the Year – Sponsored by Deacon
- Above & Beyond/Outstanding Contribution to the Industry
- Support Staff Member of the Year – Sponsored by Central Property Contracts
- Contractor of the Year – Building & Repair
- Contractor of the Year – Landscape & Maintenance
Nomination criteria for each of the above categories is available below.
Please note that you must be a PMAS member in order to nominate someone.
Nominations for the Awards are FREE to enter for PMAS members and there is no restriction on the number of categories you can enter.
The nomination process will open on the 6th January 2022 and will close at 12 noon on the 4th February 2022. Late or incomplete nominations will not be accepted.
PMAS members can nominate themselves or others for a PMAS Excellence Award using the form below:
Nomination Form Guidance Notes:
- Select the Award for which this nomination is being made.
- Insert the title and full name of the nominee(s).
- Insert the name of the company for which the nominee(s) works.
- Insert the usual business address, telephone number and email address of the nominee(s).
- Insert the title and full name of the nominator.
- Insert the usual business address, telephone number and email address of the nominator.
- Set out a short description, using a maximum of 100 words, of the project, initiative, work and/or person(s) on which the nomination is based. In the event of the nominee(s) being shortlisted for the Award, this short description will be published as part of the shortlist. It is important, therefore, that it is self-contained (i.e. does not rely on other information contained in the form), is readily comprehensible to non-expert readers, and is free from jargon and acronyms. It is not necessary to use the full 100 words but any words in excess of the 100 limit will be disregarded by the judges.
- Set out a full description of the project, initiative, work and/or person(s), explaining how it meets the criteria for the Award. It is not necessary to repeat text contained in the short description, as both will be read by the judges. It is not necessary to use the full 1000 words but any words in excess of the 1000 limit will be disregarded by the judges.
- The Nomination Form has been designed to provide the judges with all the information they require to arrive at decisions. Accompanying or additional material will be accepted via URL link(s) to file locations added to either the Short Description or Long Description sections of the nomination form. Additional material should be kept to a minimum and limited to a maximum of 2 files with a total file size of 10MB. The judges will only evaluate material contained on the nomination form, disregarding any prior knowledge they may have of the nominees.
- Any self-nominees must select the tick box acknowledging consent of the self-nominee declaration and their entry into the PMAS Excellence Award category selected.
- Any nominators must select the tick box acknowledging consent of the nomination declaration and that of the nominee(s) to be entered into the PMAS Excellence Award category selected.
Title Sponsor – CPL Software
CPL Software provides tailored software solutions for property management companies in the UK, with a team made up of consultants and advisers to the property factoring and block management industries.
Their team of experts has been working with Scottish property factors since 2010 and presently have clients all over Scotland with over 350,000 properties being managed by their bespoke software solutions.
We are excited to welcome CPL Software as the title sponsors of this year’s Excellence Awards.
Find out more at cplsoftware.com
Category Sponsor – GS Group
GS Group provides insurance broking and financial services to both business and personal customers across the whole of the UK.
We are proud to have GS Group as the sponsor for this year’s Property Manager of the Year award.
Visit their website at gs-group.uk.com
Category Sponsor – Deacon
Deacon specialises in arranging buildings insurance for blocks of flats, apartments and rented property. With 30 years’ experience, they are one of the longest established brokers specialising in this area. They understand that cover and price are important to property managers and will search their panel of well-known insurers to find comprehensive cover at a competitive price.
We are thrilled that Deacon will be sponsoring this year’s Rising Star/Apprentice of the Year award.
Visit their website at deacon.co.uk
Category Sponsor – Central Property Contracts
Central Property Contracts Ltd. is a rapidly progressing and expanding multi trade company specialising in property reinstatement, refurbishment and maintenance. They have established long lasting relationships with their client base, which consists of surveyors, engineers, loss adjusters, property factors, housing associations, letting agents and private landlords/home owners.
We are excited to have Central Property Contracts sponsoring this year’s award for Support Staff Member of the Year.
Visit their website at centralpropertycontracts.co.uk
Claire Mullen – TC Young
Claire is an Associate Solicitor with TC Young LLP. She leads TC Young’s First-tier Tribunal team and advises property factors, letting agents and landlords in connection with all Tribunal related litigation including property factor code complaints, letting agent code complaints and applications for evictions.
Claire has represented numerous property factors in connection with complaints relating to breach of the property factors code and duties. She also regularly provides in-house training to property factors in connection with the Code and First-tier and Upper Tribunal decisions.
Claire is accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a specialist in Housing and Residential Tenancy law.
She is a Trustee of Safe Deposits Scotland Trust funding projects which promote and facilitate education, training and best practice for landlords, letting agents and tenants in the private rented sector.
Nigel Glen – ARMA
Nigel has an extensive international career in downstream oil, financial software, and investment banking. He founded a property management company in 2009 and joined the board of ARMA in 2015. In 2016 he was appointed as ARMA’s CEO.
Nigel represents ARMA in its interactions with Government Ministries, Parliament, relevant bodies, TV and press. He is a frequent contributor of articles and presentations on all aspects of leasehold.
Annie Flint – Under One Roof
Annie Flint is the co-author of the Under One Roof website, now a charity in its own right. UOR was set up to update and expand on the Tenement Handbook which Annie co-authored with conservation architect John Gilbert.
Annie was also a member of the Scottish Parliamentary Working Group on Tenement Maintenance.