- On March 1, 2022 /
- By PMAS /
- In PMAS Update
Following a review and refresh of all fire safety guidance from the Scottish Government Fire and Rescue Unit (SGFRU), they have published updated versions of the guidance to the Scottish Government website on 28th February 2022.
Links to the specific updated guidance can be found below, and all of the guidance is hosted on this page:
- Practical Fire Safety Guidance For Existing Non-Residential Premises:
- Practical Fire Safety Guidance For Premises with Sleeping Accommodation:
- Practical Fire Safety Guidance For Existing Care Homes:
- Practical Fire Safety Guidance For Existing Specialised Housing and similar premises:
- Practical Fire Safety Guidance For Existing High Rise Domestic Buildings:
SGFRU monitors and reviews the content of their guidance documents on a regular basis to ensure they are fit for purpose.
The changes made to this suite of guidance improve consistency while cross-references help to improve cohesion. While there is some new content, there are not many changes and the guidance documents are substantially the same with statutory requirements unchanged.
It is important that property managers responsible for fire safety have the most relevant, up-to-date information available to them.
There are Scottish Government contact details available on the PMAS useful links page if anyone has any queries on the new guidance, or any other fire safety related matters.